Setting up a website is not that hard. The hard part comes in when you have to manage it. There are so many things that you have to learn, like blogging. This is where MySQL comes into play.
When you have a website, you will need something that will keep and contain everything, and this is exactly what MySQL does. iPage’s MySQL Database feature is a favorite among many web developers because it’s simple and easy to use.
A Closer Look at MySQL
MySQL is a popular database management system. Simply put, it is a type of management system called Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) which is important in creating and managing database tables.
This type of system will allow the user to do the following:
- Create new database records
- Remove unwanted and unnecessary information on the database
- Organize records on the database
With MySQL, you can create and process multiple database tables, where every table contains raw information that is stored.
It’s worth noting that there are some web hosting providers that restrict or impose a limit on the amount of MySQL database tables due to storage reasons. But if you are with iPage, there’s no need to worry because you can create as many MySQL database tables as you want.
Web Hosting and MySQL Database with iPage
iPage has been in business for more than a decade and they are hosting more than a million websites as of this moment. They offer quality yet affordable web hosting services, making them a top choice among web developers and website owners.
Another main selling point is that they offer a 30-day money-back guarantee so you can get a refund in case you are not satisfied with the services iPage has to offer.
Here are some reasons why customers prefer iPage over any other web hosting company:
- iPage offers unlimited databases with MySQL while others only provide a certain limit of 200 to 2,000. iPage users have an edge over the others because they don’t have to worry about lacking space.
- When hosting a database, many resources are being used up. But with iPage, using up resources should not be a problem because there is enough for everyone. iPage makes use of high-quality, state-of-the-art Dell dedicated servers which are considered to be one of the best servers in the market. Dell servers have the ability to handle massive amounts of data.
The phpMyAdmin software is used to manage MySQL databases on iPage. This is free and is based on PHP integration with your iPage account. phpMyAdmin allows you to control and manage all of the MySQL databases that are being used. You also have the power to create and delete database tables.
How to Create a New MySQL Database
- Login to your iPage control panel and go to MySQL manager.
- Click on Add Database found on the left pane. A dialog box will appear.
- Type in the database name, username, and password.
How to Connect MySQL Database to Your Webpage
- Login to your control panel and go to MySQL Manager. If you don’t have an iPage account yet, click here to sign up for an account now.
- The left pane will present you with the database that you want to connect. The right pane allows you to choose the username to connect to your database.
- Next to the username, you will see a code generator. Click on it and a dialog box will be displayed. The dialog box will let you choose which programming language you wish to use.
- After selecting a language, a code window will appear that contains the connection strength and other things necessary to connect to your database.
- Copy all the codes and paste it on the right place on your website.