When you are starting a site, you have to deal with various hosting and choose among them. in order to make the right decision you have to know the pros and cons of each hosting and what their main features are. This way, you will be able to know if a hosting type is for you.
The Cloud Hosting
Cloud hosting has become popular during the past years as this has a lot of advantages over shared hosting. Cloud hosting is a general term used for anything involving online services. This makes use of the internet and remote servers to store and maintain data.
Cloud hosting allows clients to use various applications without really installing them. This type of hosting relies on a group of servers that are working together and not just on a single server. You can have computing power whenever you need end.
In the cloud, you have a virtual server where files can be stored. You can also edit them there. The hardware in cloud computing is no longer the focus since all data can be placed in one place and accessed online. All your data are stored in a “locker” that is private to every client.
The Type of Hosting is Perfect for
Cloud hosting may be appropriate for your business. See below if your business falls under these categories.
Cloud hosting is best for those software firms who are in the market for developing new applications because this can save on costs.
If you are a hosting reseller, cloud hosting is also advised since you can start low and add more customers.
Cloud hosting is also advised to those sites that are experiencing a high traffic. If you have an e-commerce site that is extremely busy, moving to the cloud can help you reduce costs without sacrificing the performance.
The Best Things about this Hosting are
If you are running on cloud hosting, there are a number of benefits that you are very lucky to experience.
- You do not need to buy additional hardware or software which makes cloud hosting easy to setup and maintain.
- The shared resources between the servers make cloud hosting able to compete with the other top hosting providers.
- You get freebies such as free static IP addresses as well as automatic IPs. There is also free load balancing which is helpful for those whose sites have very high traffic.
- You can have access to various applications without the need to download anything.
- Businesses are able to share resources in just one location.
- There is a lower risk in losing your data.
- In cloud hosting, there is great manageability and oversight.
- The greatest advantage of cloud hosting is telecommuting. Even though you are outside the confines of your office, you will still be able to access work and upload files whenever you need to do so.
The Not-So-Good Stuff
Cloud hosting will not be complete if it has no downside as no one thing is 100% perfect.
- The absence of a hard drive in cloud hosting can be a disadvantage in itself. There are applications that may require a hardware before you can install them. You will still need to check if the application your company is using can be installed without a hardware present.
- Network connectivity is another major issue. If the network is down, the company will not be able to access the applications and data that are stored in the cloud. This kind of issue is something that must be greatly considered. There should be a back-up plan in case this will happen.
What We Think
Cloud computing is here to stay. It will help streamline various operations in the company. There is a lot of room for expansion and improvement in cloud hosting and we see a bright future for cloud hosting.