Starting An Online Business
Nowadays, a lot of people prefer to put up their business online instead of a brick-and-mortar (physical) shop. There are a lot of online businesses that sell just about every product you can think of, and offers services that many people need.
eCommerce has become the next big thing, preferred by many entrepreneurs, particularly among those who are new to the business.
Setting up an online business is a lot cheaper than building a physical shop because you don’t need to pay for utility or rent. You don’t even have to buy new furniture or hire people. All you need is a space in the Internet, a professional-looking website, and a good eCommerce tool to keep your business up and running.
Running an online business is also good as a way to test the waters, especially if you’re selling a unique product or service. You’d be able to see right away whether your product or service is a hit or a miss.
Why You Should Run an eCommerce Website
Aside from the cost-effectiveness of setting up an eCommerce website, a lot of entrepreneurs these days prefer to have an online business for many reasons, including:
- Advertising your business online taps into a wider audience and is more affordable.You can do search engine optimization (SEO) to generate more traffic to your website, and to gain more customers/followers. You can also advertise your business through social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, etc.
- Your business is open 24/7.You don’t have to man your business 24/7 because your website will do it for you. All you need is an online form in case someone wants to order your product or get the services that you offer.
- You don’t have to leave the comfort of your own home to run your own business.All you need is a computer and a stable Internet connection, and you’re all set! You also have the option to be open even during holidays.
iPage: Right Solution For Your Online Business
Once you decide to run your own online business, you need to look for a trusted partner that will help you get things in motion quickly and smoothly. You need to a web hosting provider that will give you reliable and secure service. The answer? iPage.
iPage is the leading provider of quality yet affordable web hosting packages. They have been in the business for more than a decade, hosting millions of websites from all over the globe. They offer
tools and services that will come in handy for your eCommerce site. What’s more, they’re easy to use!
Some of iPage’s eCommerce tools are the following:
- ShopSite Application– ShopSite will help you build your catalog, promote your products, and process orders securely online. You can also integrate online payment by use of online merchants, PayPal or Google Checkout. Additionally, you can upgrade to ShopSite Manager or ShopSite Pro for additional features that you can use for your online shop. Below are some of the other things that you will get with the basic ShopSite application.
– View up to 15 products and 5 pages
– Easy-to-use setup wizard and themes
– Compatible with various web editing software
– Supports multiple currencies
– Email marketing
– Automatic customer receipts
– Flexible shipping and handling option
- SSL Certificate– iPage offers Comodo SSL certificates for a more secure website. This is important, especially for online stores. For only $31.99 a year, you can keep payments and personal data safe and secure.
- Quick and Easy Credit Card Processing– iPage offers AcceptSafe and PayPal. AcceptSafe allows you to receive payment through direct deposit within 1 to 2 days. PayPal is the most accepted method of payment, allowing customers to securely pay for the product they purchased using their credit card, debit card, or PayPal balance.
- Doba– Doba helps you manage and control your product inventory. It also helps establish a better shipping and delivery procedure. Doba lets you access over 1.5 million products from more than 200 suppliers, with the lowest rate available (14-day free trial and paid plan of only $59.95 per month).
Online Marketing Made Easy by iPage
When you sign up with iPage, not only will you get great service and tools to help with your online business, you will also get free ad credits from their online partners, so that your presence will be felt by millions of people on the World Wide Web.
You could also sign up with iPage’s Community Directory listing so more people can know about your business.