Quick question for you…
With so many web hosts out there, who can you turn to for unbiased, honest reviews?
I’m Johnny, founder of WebHostingPlanGuide. I’ll be the first to tell you this site is funded by affiliate commissions from the hosts we partner with.
However, Web Hosting Plan Guide is different from other hosting review sites you’ve probably seen so far.
- We invest in testing: We save a budget for buying web hosting accounts and testing them out. Example: Here’s our bluehost shared hosting test account running WordPress (opens in a new tab)
- In depth-research: We dedicate our time to providing you with real reviews. That means in-depth research and testing so you get much more than the typical online reviews that are basically sales pitches shilling affiliate links.
- Real user feedback counts: We also factor in real user reviews, and this has really been powerful in cases like eHost which was alright for a year or so, but grew too fast and basically imploded. Customer feedback helped us keep our review content agile so as soon as bad feedback accelerated, we added a warning that we recommend avoiding eHost. Several months later, they simply shut down, so we were thankful to provide a bit of early warning thanks to user reviews.
- Here’s how we make money: We are thankful to be able to earn revenue from hosts with partner with. However, there are hosts we review positively and recommend in specific categories, which we are not partnered with. In other words, our mission is to recommend a web host that is best for you, even if we can’t make a cent on the referral.
- Access Exclusive Discounts: Thankfully for us, most of the hosts do have partner programs which we participate in, so we can give you special discounts through our links, exclusive coupon codes and more. You get the best price, we earn some revenue to help fund this site. Win-win, as long as we keep our focus on integrity in the reviews and tutorials we publish.
Curious to see more specifics about how we review web hosting providers?
All of our web host ratings are based on specific ranking criteria including hosting features, ease of use, reliability, performance, billing practices, customer support, and REAL feedback sent in by people like you.
Thanks for checking out the WHPG project.