Directory Listing Defined
A directory listing or web directory specializes in linking to other sites and categorizing those links. It is also used to know the amount of traffic or response that a website is achieving in the World Wide Web. Here, you will see the number of visits that your web pages are available to obtain at a given period of time.
A directory listing isn’t a search engine in that it does not display lists of pages based on keywords. Instead, it lists sites by category and sub-category. In fact, most directory listing entries are not found by web crawlers but by humans.
In directory listings, categorization is typically based on the whole website instead of just one web page or a set of keywords, and the websites are often limited to inclusion in only a certain number of categories. Directory listing often allow website owners to submit their own site to be included in these categories and have editors review these submissions.
By submitting your website(s) to trusted web directories, you will have a much stronger online presence and will be recognized by major search engines like Google, Yahoo!, Bing, etc.
iPage Community Directory
iPage has its very own directory listing where you can submit your website so more people can easily find it. With various websites hosted by iPage, they have something for everyone!
You can add your website to the iPage Community Directory for only $29.95/year – that’s just $2.50/month! You have complete control over all aspects of your site’s listing, including your URL, keywords, title, category(s), as well as a short description of your website. Being listed on the Community Directory gives you the advantage of being more evidently searched and found on search engines.
This is important if you’re running an online business and you want to stand out from the rest. To get a better grip of your target audience, you must be seen and recognized. By being listed on a web directory, you will have a higher chance of being found on the first page of search results. By tapping into more potential clients, you’ll get closer to higher revenues!
Benefits of Getting Listed on the iPage Community Directory
Generating traffic to your website isn’t all cakes and bubbles – it requires both persistence and patience. With that in mind, you’ll want to promote your website in as many ways as you can. Here are some of the perks and benefits if you showcase your website in the iPage Community Directory:
- Help boost your site’s SEO
- Help promote your site to thousands of visitors
- Create listings that are easy to search by both keyword and category
Asking yourself why you’re still not part of this amazing directory listing? Sign up today!
Working on your Site’s Rank on Search Engines
If you’re running an eCommerce site, one of your goals is to be on top of the pages on popular search engines, as these will be the portal of your online success. The more visible you are on these pages, the better the chances to grab huge traffic to your site and get more customers and prospects.
Here are some of the ways you can improve your site’s performance so you have better online visibility:
- Work on your content. Content is king, so make sure your content is high in quality and that it could benefit your target audience. Apart from high-quality content, use titles and keywords that you think is mostly searched by your target audience. They should also reflect your site’s content.
- Use informative, highly engaging content. It is not enough that you set the right keywords and titles. What will keep readers attached to your site is the quality of the content that you produce. It is best that you create articles and posts that are useful and enticing to your readers. Having these on your site will even help you gain their trust and will have them return to your site for more amazing content.
- Set your texts outside Flash advertising banners. All texts found on your site should be seen as text. This means that it should not be a part of a picture or an image. This will help search engines to recognize your contents more and match it with what people are searching for.
Things you MUST avoid on your site:
- Over scripting. It’s okay to have scripts on your site as long as it is not dominating your entire page. Use only scripts according to what is necessary. Over scripting can cause your site to be labeled as malicious and may affect its integrity.
- Plagiarism. It goes without saying that plagiarism is a big no-no in content creation and that you MUST AVOID it at all cost, unless you want to lose your site’s credibility.
- Cluttered content. Do not employ too many unnecessary pages in your website. Use only as much as you and your site visitors would need. This will help your readers focus on what’s important, which is your content.