How to Sign Up with BlueHost
Signing up for an account with BlueHost is simple and easy. Here’s what you need to do:
Step 1: Go to BlueHost
Step 2: Select your plan.
Step 3: Choose your domain name
From there, click “select” for the plan you want. Then it will bring you to the next step: choosing your domain name, as shown below.
If you don’t have a domain name yet, and are starting from scratch, you may be happy to know that your domain name with BlueHost is free. Go ahead and type in the name you want in the “new domain” box on the left side.
If you already have a domain name from somewhere else and you want to host your site on BlueHost, you can enter that domain name in the right-side box, “i have a domain name”
Tip: If you’re not sure about your domain name at all yet, move your mouse up to the top left like you’re going to quit the page, and it will pop up an offer to choose your free domain later and just continue with your hosting signup for now. If you want, feel free to choose this option. It’s easy to add your domain later from your account control panel (which was recently redesigned and I LOVE the new layout. So much simpler but power features are still there).
Step 4: Enter Account Info and Choose Desired Options
You’re almost there! Enter your desired account information. Then in the “package extras” section, choose the add-ons you desire. By default, SiteLock Security and Codeguard Basic are checked. I recommend leaving those checked since they protect your website from malicious attacks and malware. You can still make a great site without them, though, just to be clear. They’re precautionary measures so you don’t absolutely need them. Plus, you can always add them to your account later if you want to save money today.
Lastly, choose your preferred payment method and click submit to create your hosting account.
Congratulations! Now you have a BlueHost account!
…and now what? Well, if you’re creating a brand new website from scratch, try my free guide on How To Make A Website With WordPress (step by step from start to finish).
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me! I try to help out in my spare time.
In case you’re curious…. here’s a history of BlueHost
BlueHost has been around for well over a decade now. They have continued to provide their clients with high-quality hosting services since 2003. And like every popular web hosting company, their ultimate goal is to provide excellent service at an affordable price.
Throughout the years, BlueHost has been striving to achieve this goal by expanding and improving their services without adding extra cost to their hosting plans. To date, they are hosting more than a million domains, while at the same time maintaining 750 servers for the host’s efficiency and speed.
BlueHost has a plethora of hosting plans with various features and options that only take minutes to be installed. They have also incorporated a user-friendly control panel (called cPanel) that allows you to easily manage your account. On top of these, BlueHost features website builders that allow you to create new websites the fast and easy way.
Here are some reasons you should choose BlueHost:
- Top-notch customer support, speed and flexibility
- 24/7 support from experts
- One-click installs from SimpleScripts
- SSH secure shell access
- Proven track record
- Lightning-fast servers
BlueHost Perks and Benefits
BlueHost is one of the leading web hosting companies that offer excellent performance packed with some other amazing features. Here are some of the core features of BlueHost’s web hosting plans:
- Provides support for various platforms such as WordPress, Drupal, Pligg, and Zen Cart, just to name a few.
- Offers a free generated certificate (SSL certificate) which is important when you are running an eCommerce site.
- Signing up for a BlueHost account entitles you to sign up for CloudFlare’s CDN service for free.
- BlueHost services are a lot cheaper than other service providers for only $5.95 per month for the 5-year plan, and $3.95 per month for the 3-year plan. They also offer special promos on a regular basis.
- Offers unlimited number of domains in a single account.
- Provides unlimited disk storage and bandwidth.
- Features the cPanel, a control panel that could help you easily customize your hosting account.
- Allows clients to have unlimited email accounts.
- BlueHost provides you with 24/7 customer assistance via live chat, email and telephone.
- BlueHost also offers a money back guarantee to its customers.