Setting up a website is time-consuming and requires extensive research. This is to ensure that you will get the best performance and results out of your web host provider.
When choosing a web host, you need to consider a lot of factors. You’re spoiled for choice with web host providers offering their services, but these services differ in costs, features, and even performance. Money is precious, so you can’t afford to put it all to waste on the wrong web hosting company. After all, some providers are reliable while some are not. Fortunately, there are a handful of web host providers that provide top-notch web hosting service at a reasonable cost. BlueHost is one such company that’s worth your attention.
The History of BlueHost
BlueHost has been around for well over a decade now. They have continued to provide their clients with high-quality hosting services since 2003. And like every popular web hosting company, their ultimate goal is to provide excellent service at an affordable price.
Throughout the years, BlueHost has been striving to achieve this goal by expanding and improving their services without adding extra cost to their hosting plans. To date, they are hosting more than a million domains, while at the same time maintaining 750 servers for the host’s efficiency and speed.
BlueHost has a plethora of hosting plans with various features and options that only take minutes to be installed. They have also incorporated a user-friendly control panel (called cPanel) that allows you to easily manage your account. On top of these, BlueHost features website builders that allow you to create new websites the fast and easy way.
Here are some reasons you should choose BlueHost:
- Top-notch customer support, speed and flexibility
- 24/7 support from experts
- One-click installs from SimpleScripts
- SSH secure shell access
- Proven track record
- Lightning-fast servers
BlueHost Perks and Benefits
BlueHost is one of the leading web hosting companies that offer excellent performance packed with some other amazing features. Here are some of the core features of BlueHost’s web hosting plans:
- Provides support for various platforms such as WordPress, Drupal, Pligg, and Zen Cart, just to name a few.
- Offers a free generated certificate (SSL certificate) which is important when you are running an eCommerce site.
- Signing up for a BlueHost account entitles you to sign up for CloudFlare’s CDN service for free.
- BlueHost services are a lot cheaper than other service providers for only $5.95 per month for the 5-year plan, and $3.95 per month for the 3-year plan. They also offer special promos on a regular basis.
- Offers unlimited number of domains in a single account.
- Provides unlimited disk storage and bandwidth.
- Features the cPanel, a control panel that could help you easily customize your hosting account.
- Allows clients to have unlimited email accounts.
- BlueHost provides you with 24/7 customer assistance via live chat, email and telephone.
- BlueHost also offers a money back guarantee to its customers.
How to Sign Up with BlueHost
Signing up for an account with BlueHost is simple and easy. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to BlueHost’s website.
- Click Log In. From there, choose the Create Account You will now be brought to the domain name page. To be sure that you are on the right page, you should see a sign saying Sign Up Now on the top part of the page.
- From there, you will see two boxes on the page. The one states New Domain, while the other states I Have A Domain Here. If you don’t have an existing domain name yet, choose the New Domain box and enter your preferred domain name. Make sure that the domain name you will use is unique because some names might already be in use.
- Fill out some data for your BlueHost account. [Make sure to put real data in all fields because it would be illegal to enter false data on an actual purchase like this].
- Select a web hosting package. If you are not sure what to purchase, weigh your options first. It depends on your website needs and budget. If you are on a tight budget, we recommend that you choose the cheapest package. You can upgrade your plan in case you feel unsatisfied with your current one.
- You may notice that all the boxes are unchecked, except for the WHOIS Privacy It is still up to you if you are willing to pay a yearly fee of $9.99. This Whois Privacy feature is important because it secures your personal information online, it would be best if you leave this box checked.
- Lastly, choose your preferred payment method. Now, you have a BlueHost account!