Are you considering BlueHost?
Wise thinking – they’re one of the most popular and reputable hosting providers.
Here’s the thing…
BlueHost doesn’t offer a monthly payment option. However, they do offer a 30-day money back guarantee, so if you cancel within 30 days, you’ll get a full refund for your hosting.
I still haven’t found a legit host offering monthly payment except for HostGator with their most basic hosting at $10.95 per month…
If you want to minimize your hosting costs, the monthly rate is a bad deal. Here’s why:
- Paying $10.95 per month at HostGator would cost you $131.40 per year.
- Choosing the 12-month plan at BlueHost would cost just $71.40 (12 x $5.95/mo). That’s $60 less than month-to-month at HostGator would cost.
- Choosing the 36-month plan at BlueHost gets you their lowest rate and costs $142.20 (36 x $3.95/mo). That saves you $252 vs paying 3 years month-to-month at HostGator.
The savings on 12, 24 and 36 month plans are hard to ignore.
With all this said, here’s how to get the lowest rate available at BlueHost:
Step 1 – Go To BlueHost
Step 2: Choose Your Web Hosting Plan
Once you’ve chosen your domain name, you’ll be able to choose your hosting plan.
Select the Basic option – it’s perfect for brand new sites.
There’s no need for the Plus or Prime accounts unless you want to host 2 or more websites already, or you are already getting over 100,000 visitors per month to your site.
Step 3: Choose Your Domain Name
After you click “Get Started Now” you will be asked to choose your domain name and click “next” to proceed.
If you already have an existing domain name, use the box on the right side.
If you need help with picking a domain name, see my guide on How To Pick A Great Domain Name (opens in a new tab).
Step 4: Fill In Account Info
Simply add your name, email address, etc. We’re almost done!
Step 5: Choose Your Package Options
Just check to make sure you select the Account Plan you want here.
Tip: Feel free to uncheck the extra options like Search Engine Jumpstart and SiteLock Security. In my humble opinion, these are unnecessary.
Here are two options you may want to choose:
- Domain Privacy Protection: This hides your personal information from public WHOIS domain name records. This is a good option if you want to reduce unsolicited emails and make your domain registration anonymous.
- Site Backup Pro: You can set up WordPress to do automatic backups for free. However, restoring those backups is a bit complex. For peace of mind, if you choose any extras with BlueHost, go with Site Backup Pro option.
After you’ve signed up, you’ll receive an email with your login information. Congrats! You’re now able to start making your website.
If you’re new to making websites, I recommend you continue by following my free guide, How To Make A Website With WordPress, Step By Step.
More About BlueHost’s Payment Options:
BlueHost offers many types of hosting, with plenty of payment options for their clients. For example, for their regular web hosting, they have a special limited-time discount offer at $3.95/month instead of the regular $7.99/month.
But you have to remember that you’ll have to pay that so-called “monthly fee” for at least 1 year, upfront. So for BlueHost’s basic hosting plan, you’ll be looking at a minimum bill of $71.40, excluding any add-ons you might want to purchase.
BlueHost offers a range of web hosting plans depending on your budget and needs, and prices vary from plan to plan. When you sign up for a 12-month, 24-month or 36-month plan, the setup fee is FREE.
Here is the current pricing for their plans, as well as the features:
Payments for BlueHost hosting plans can be done through the following:
- Credit cards (most common method)
Click here to visit BlueHost and see their current specials and choose your plan. They even give you a true 30-day money-back guarantee so you can try it out risk-free!
More About BlueHost
BlueHost is one of the best and most trusted web hosting service providers today. They provide their clients with top-notch web hosting services and features, including unlimited storage space, unlimited bandwidth, 24/7 customer support, 30-day money back guarantee, and more. So if you’re running a business and you want it to grow, this company is an excellent choice.
BlueHost’s principal goal is to give the best service to their clients. It’s a web hosting company that offers high-quality services at a reasonable price. Owned by the Endurance International Group (EIG), the company was built on open source technology which guarantee excellent performance. It was founded in 2003 and after more than a decade of operation, it continues to deliver top-notch services and caters to more than a million domains to their clients in different parts of the world.
BlueHost Core Features
In choosing a web hosting service provider, it is important that you have already made your homework and are fully aware of the features they offer. BlueHost can offer more features than what your host needs. The core features are as follows:
- Provides almost 600GB of web hosting disk space. This amount of storage space is enough to power personal websites and small to medium sized businesses. It is highly unlikely that you will find another web host with the same feature at a considerably lower price.
- Allows you to register unlimited number of domain names on a single account if there is normal disk space and bandwidth usage.
- Includes website scripts in the plan. With these scripts, you can create blogs, guest books, surveys, polls, and other multimedia programs that will help enhance your site’s functionality.
- Has a user-friendly interface that’s perfect for those who have no knowledge or experience in web development and programming. It even has a one-click installation process that allows you to create a website in just minutes.
- Allows you to create unlimited number of sites.
- Includes Dedicated and VPS hosting to their hosting plans.
- Has an easy-to-use control panel (cPanel) which will help you manage your website easily.
- Offers site builders and dedicated IP addresses.
- Provides MySQL Databases.
- Comes with a convenient 30-day money back guarantee if you wish to cancel your account.
Benefits of BlueHost Web Hosting
Aside from the above mentioned features, BlueHost also comes with many other benefits that users will enjoy should they choose to sign up for an account. Here are some of them:
- You do not have to stay with BlueHost longer than you need to. Unlike other web hosting service providers, BlueHost offers 3-month, 6-month, 12-month, 24-month plans, and 36-month plans. This will come in handy for those who just need a hosting plan for a few months. You will only pay for the months that your website was actually on the Web.
- BlueHost provides excellent performance at a relatively low cost (starts at $5.99).
- They offer regular sales promotions/discounts. BlueHost does not only provide you with great performance, it also helps you expand your website through advertising your website to others.
- Customer service is top-notch. You easily get the assistance you need from their staff. They provide several video tutorials, along with a comprehensive knowledgebase, a community forum, and many other additional features that can help you maximize their service.
- BlueHost is optimized for WordPress, so they give better performance in hosting WordPress-powered websites and blogs.
Looking for a comprehensive guide to BlueHost that will help you make your hosting decision and get this research process over with so you can get your website up fast? Make sure to check out my BlueHost review and analysis, plus history of their company, comparison of their hosting plans and benefits, and various customer feedback I’ve found around the Web.