More and more people are using their smartphones and tablets to access the Web. With BlueHost, you can do just that! BlueHost can be used and managed with a number of electronic devices, including some Apple devices like the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
Operating System Requirements
The minimum requirement for the use of mobile devices is that it must be running version 7 of Apple’s OS. However, BlueHost reveals that any iOS device can be used to manage your BlueHost account using the same device settings.
Email Setup Requirements
You need to confirm that you have a pre-existing email account under BlueHost before you can set up or modify the website owner’s email account. You can do this using your iOS device. You need to provide the following email account details:
- Mail server host information for the domain name (i.e.bluehost.com)
To set up BlueHost on your Apple device, you need to do the following:
- Configure your Apple device by going to Settings and tapping Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap Add Mail Account.
- Choose the email account type. Tap on Other, as iOS devices do not normally have a preset option for web host providers like BlueHost.
- Either IMAP or POP option will be chosen for the server type before entering the account information. The account information that needs to be filled in are:
- Email Address for Address
- The same Email Address above for Description
In the Incoming Mail server segment:
- Choose box#.bluehost.com for the host name
- The email address for the user name
In the Outgoing mail Server (SMTP) option:
- Type box#.bluehost.com for the host name
- The email address of the website owner for the user name
Once you’re done, tap Next.
cPanel Access iPhone or iPad
cPanel is a user-friendly control panel that’s used by BlueHost. It is the main access option for all BlueHost account holders.
A website owner planning to manage their BlueHost account from their iPhone or iPad will need to effectively open this link. This can be done through the URL https://my.bluehost.com/cgi-bin/cplogin where the website owner will automatically be directed to cPanel. The main requirement is that you have to enter your BlueHost username and password.
The reason for directed the iPhone or iPad users directly to the cPanel browser website is that cPanel is regularly modified by BlueHost programmers. The purpose of this is that there are some limitations in cPanel which cannot be effectively used by BlueHost. The benefit of the modifications developed by BlueHost is that the website owner will be able to improve their DNS management, as well as use a better website backup utility. Downloading an unmodified or standard version of cPanel in your iOS device will result in numerous problems.
To learn more about BlueHost’s web hosting plans and their current specials, you can either check out my in-depth review of BlueHost or visit BlueHost’s website to check out their features, plans, and current pricing.