Domain names are important because without it, site visitors won’t be able to access your website. This may be simple, but there’s a procedure that transpires when a visitor enters your domain name in a web browser.
Whenever a visitor types your domain name in the web browser, your chosen domain name serves as your IP address and the server sends website files to your visitors. With that said, it’s important that you take note of the following components of a fully functional website:
- Domain name
- Website files
- Web hosting server
Some website owners may also want to have multiple domain names in their account. Web host providers collect a corresponding fee when account holders want to add extra domains in their account. For example, with BlueHost, you can pay as low as $10 per year for additional domains.
Benefits of Having Extra Domains for Your Website
Here are some reasons you should register multiple domain names:
- It’s great for developing your business name online.
- It can help keep your brand name and online identity intact.
- It helps you create a dynamic character in the digital world.
- It can assist you in advertising your products and/or services.
- It drives more traffic to your website.
- It prevents your competition from using the same domain name.
- It makes you easier to be searched on search engines like Google, Yahoo!, and Bing.
Why Do I Need Extra Domains for My Website?
There are plenty of reasons why having an extra domain for your website is a must. Let’s take them one by one.
Develop Brand Value
Owning the most relevant words/terms that customers would usually enter into search engines would be a great advantage to you. A unique, personalized domain name will come in handy if you’re trying to sell a product or service to potential clients online.
More Online Exposure
Registering multiple domains means getting your products/services and generally your company even more exposure. Customers and prospects are just a click away from you and the products/services you offer.
Make sure to purchase domain names that use keywords that are relevant to your chosen niche. This improves the chances of you being searched by your target market, and thus, may yield more profit in the long run.
Get Your Very Own Market Space
When it comes to marketing, it’s important that you have your own market space. Your products/services must leave a mark on the customers’ mind. It’s quite simple: If they don’t remember you, chances are they will not purchase from you.
Have a Higher Rank
Search engines usually incorporate your domain name with what customers are searching for. For instance, if you’re selling handbags and stilettos and people will enter these terms in the search engine, your website would rank higher if your domain has the word “handbags” or “stilettos” (or both) in it (ex. www.handbagsandstilettosstore.com).
How to Purchase Multiple Domains on BlueHost
If you wish to add an extra domain on your website, you just have to do the following:
- From the control panel, go to the Domains section, then go to the Register From here, search for the domain name you wish to register and click Check.
You can also click the Bulk Register Domains button if you want to search and register multiple domains at once.
- Once you search for a domain name, you will see a comprehensive and well-organized list of search results. The domain you’ve search for, including the different TLD suggestions, are found at the top of the search results.
- Click on the green cart icon next to the domain you wish to register to place it on the shopping cart. It will appear on the right hand side under Your Cart so you can see everything at a glance while you continue your search.
Once you’ve added domains to your shopping cart and you’re all set to register, click on the Next button and follow the steps to process your registration.
Make sure to employ preventive measures against hackers and spammers from stealing your brand or marketing reputation. Look for keywords that best describe your product or service, and use these keywords as your domain name. Soon, you will gain more traffic which will then lead to more business transactions.