Can I transfer my site away from WebHostingHub?
If you want to transfer your site that is hosted by WebHostingHub to another host and is in doubt whether it is possible, the answer is yes; you can and may transfer your site away from WebHostingHub. However, it should be made clear first what you need to do, whether you want to transfer your domain name to another domain registrar or you simply want to totally cancel your subscription with WebHostingHub. As to the question of cancelling your subscription, any client may cancel their subscription anytime they feel the need to do so. Clients who cancel their subscription are reimbursed according to the length of time they hosted their site with the company.
However, you can also transfer your domain name to another domain registrar but still allow WebHostingHub to host your website files. To do this, you will be required to either point an A record to the WebHostingHub server using the new registrar or you can change the name server names to WebHostingHub after the transfer is done.
It is important that you understand that your domain registration/management is not the same and is separate from your hosting and transferring the domain management rights will not in any way affect your hosting account which shall remain active. The only way to deactivate the hosting account will be through cancellation.
What do I need to do to transfer my site away from WebHostingHub?
Before you can transfer your domain away from WebHostingHub, the company requires you to submit a request that your domain be released. The request should come in the form of an email and should be sent to [email protected] and should come with your account verification as well as the Administrator Email. This will start the domain registration process as these are needed by the company to unlock your domain for you. It is also important to note that you have to remove the domain privacy from your domain to affect the unlocking process.
Once the domain is released and you already have the authorization code, which you shall receive through your Administrator Email, you can proceed to your new domain registrar and start the domain transfer process. It typically takes 7-10 days for the transfer to complete, though the time of completion varies, depending upon the registrar. It is important that you should know that whenever DNS changes are made or domains are transferred, a DNS propagation period lasting from about 7-24 hours is observed while the changer occur.
What are the usual reasons why people move away from their hosting company?
There are as many reasons why as there are as many individuals or companies who want to change to another web hosting company. It varies from the mundane to the most complex reason. Among these reasons are the following:
- The client could be disappointed with the service.
- The need for more resources such as storage space and bandwidth as well the need for more applications.
- The client may have found it hard to sustain the amount of the monthly bills and may have found a better price somewhere.
- They could be dissatisfied with the customer service.
What basic steps and recommendations do I need to follow during the transfer process?
There are a few basic recommendations that clients need to do before and during the transfer process. These are:
- First, you need to select the most suitable web hosting provider by comparing them against your current provider. Considerations should include:
- The type of the Operating System used, which should be compatible with the requirements of your website;
- The Disk space requirements; and
- The Bandwidth;
- You should make a backup copy of all the files of your existing website by downloading all your old account files. You can use FTP Access or export it using phpMyAdmin, depending on which works. Generally, look for a host that offers FTP Access.
- Make sure that you are able to receive emails by checking properly that your emails are working and are active.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your website and domain email accounts are running during the transfer process by keeping your existing web hosting account open until the process is completed.
- Once everything is completed, do not forget to cancel your account.
What do I need to consider when I change to a new web host?
When you decide to change to a new web host, make sure that you are able to consider all that is necessary. One thing you need to remember is that you should look for the reason why you changed your host and use it as your yardstick in order not to fall into the same problem again. Some of these considerations are:
- You don’t want your customers to be disappointed with your website with a lot of downtime while the transfer is taking effect. Make the transfer as seamless as possible.
- You need to do a thorough research about your prospective webhost. You may need to find out the following:
- What means they allow file uploading.
- Get their DNS information and make sure that you have your domain account information ready so that you can change settings as soon as able.
- Make sure you have your temporary URL ready so that you can test before changing the DNS.