Do I need to pay for my domain when I host with InMotion?
When you purchase any of the 12-month or 24-month Business Class plans with InMotion, you get your domain free from InMotion. This domain shall be yours for free for the first year you spent hosting your website with them. Basically, you don’t need to pay for your first domain with InMotion for one whole year. What’s more is that you get to choose from any available .com, .net, .org, .us, .biz, or .info domain name as InMotion can register any of them and can support any domain on the net.
However, you are required to renew your domain after a period of one year from the moment you registered it, otherwise you will lose your ownership of the domain. Once the first is over, you will be charged for the cost of renewing your domain since only the first year is offered free.
If I wish to own multiple domains, how much do extra domains cost on InMotion?
InMotion hosting package allows clients to own an unlimited number of domains in their hosting account. Basically, clients can host all their domain names under one account only, which makes it more convenient and easier for him to monitor and to manage and control his domain names. It also is a big advantage to the account owner since he need not spend for the cost of purchasing additional accounts to host his other domain names.
Although you are allowed to own multiple domains, only one domain comes free of charge for one year when you start hosting with InMotion. This means that all the other domains that you own or wish to own and host with InMotion are excluded from the free package and has to be paid. Each additional domain that you register will be charges a fee of $14.99 per year per domain. This means that, for example, when you have six different domains with InMotion, only one comes free for a period of one year while the rest needs to be registered at a cost of about $14.99 per year per domain.
To purchase a new or additional domain, you simply need to go to your Account Management Panel or AMP.
How can I register a new domain name with InMotion?
Registering a new domain name with iPage is quite easy. All you need to do is to follow a few simple steps, which are as follows:
- First, you need to log into your Account Management Panel or AMP;
- In the “Manage My Account” section, click the “Register Domain” button. Clicking it should take you to the Order Services page where you need to do the following:
Enter a Domain Name
Enter the name of the domain you want to register. After entering the name, click on “”Check availability”” to see if the domain’s name is still available. You will need to register a different domain name if the one you chose is already taken.
You will be asked to choose the number of years you want to register your domain.
Add Domain Privacy
You will need to decide whether to choose the add-on Domain Privacy service or not for your domain.
In this section, you will need to enter all the required information for the billing process.
You will be asked to choose your preferred payment method, choose between card and check.
Terms of Service
It is important that you agree to the Terms of Service in order to register your new domain.
- Once everything is done, all you need to do is to click the “Submit” button. Clicking the “Submit” button means that you have already registered your new domain. To add other domains, your need to repeat the whole process.
What are the advantages of owning a domain name?
Owning a domain name brings a number of benefits to you and your website. Among these benefits are:
- It helps build credibility and provide a sense of identity to your business.
- It helps give your site a more professional and solid image.
- It helps make your website easier to remember with a name-recall theory.
- You enjoy total freedom and total control over your domain, giving you better option for your web presence strategies.
- With your own domain name, you promote yourself and your business, not your affiliates.
- You get to own your very own real email address, not the address of your affiliates.
- Without any limitations imposed by the domain name owner, you can easily promote multiple products.
- It helps put your mind in the business psychology which means putting your mind to work and to commit in making a name for your domain.