What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
The process of employing strategies, tactics and techniques to increase the number of visitors or to increase the volume of traffic for a certain site by getting a higher ranking in the Search Engines Results Page (SERP) is called Search Engine Optimization (SEO). As such, websites who wish to get a large number of visitors need to get their sites listed among the top of search results every time a user does a search through popular search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo. Technically, you get listed on top or get a higher ranking if your site gets visited often, meaning the more visits your site gets and the more searches your site hits, the higher will be your ranking in the SERP. Search engines call these visits “hits”.
Your site ranking during searches is important as it helps direct more visitors or traffic to your website. The good news is that it works ways, the higher your site is ranked, the more traffic it gets and the more traffic it gets, the higher the site will be ranked in the natural organic results of a search. Since this website rank is essential in attracting and getting more visitors, SEO has become an effective and important internet marketing strategy since it puts into consideration what people search for, what search terms and keywords they used in the actual search and which search engines are preferred by the users. This enables webmasters and web developers to edit their content and its associated coding to increase its relevance to specific keywords.
Does InMotion offer Search Engine Optimization services?
InMotion does not offer Search Engine Optimization (SEO) services as a standard feature in their hosting package; however, it does offer SEO services for their Ecommerce hosting tools. They also included SEO services to their Joomla 3 and Joomla 3.1 sites. The SEO service is available to their ecommerce tools like PrestaShop and OpenCart.
What it does offer are advertising credits worth $300 to some of the major search engines and social media like the Google AdWords Service, Bing, Yahoo Search, amazon.com, yp.com and Twitter.
How can I add SEO for my products in PrestaShop 1.5?
Adding SEO for your products in your PrestaShop store will help the search engines index the products page. Indexing the product page should help visitors find your products easier, which in turn should increase the traffic and eventually generate more sales for your store. To add SEO to your products in PrestaShop 1.5, simply follow the instructions below:
- First, log into your PrestaShop 1.5;
- Hover over the “Catalog” tab on the top menu bar and then click on the “Product” selection from the drop down menu;
- By now, you should be on the Catalog:Products page. Click the “SEO” tab from the tab menu which you should find on the left hand side of the page. Clicking the “SEO” enables you to add a title for your page and keywords which could be picked up and used by the search engines for indexing.
- Once finished, click the “Save” button on the upper right hand corner of the page.
- By now, you should have successfully added SEO to your products.
What do I need to do to add Search Engine Friendly URLs in Joomla 3.1?
InMotion supports the use Joomla hosted sites in their webhosting services. In the Global Configuration settings of Joomla, one will find a set of SEO setting that you can adjust.
To adjust the settings and add SEO friendly URLs in Joomla 3.1, simply follow the succeeding steps:
- First, log into your Joomla 3.1 admin dashboard;
- Then, click the “Global Configuration” tab found on the left menu under the “SYSTEM” heading;
- You should find several tabs at the top such as Site, System, Server, Permission, and Text Filters. Click on the “Site” tab to ensure that you are on it;
- Then, find the “Search Engine Friendly URL” setting under the “SEO Settings” heading. You need to select either Yes or No to adjust the value.
- Finally, click the “Save” tab on the top left menu to save the changes.