One main consideration you need to take into account in choosing a hosting provider to host your website, aside from the factors such as the cost, quality of the service, response time, and uptime capability, is the ability of the host to restore lost files in case when you accidentally overwrite and delete some of them in your website. Having this feature in your host will give you assurance that no matter what happens, your data and files are always secured. FatCow hosting provider gives you just this.
What is FatCow?
FatCow started its operation since 1998. From that year onwards, it continues to grow and serve happy and contented consumers from small to medium scale enterprises. FatCow has its own specialty. It specifically offers a shared type of hosting wherein it’s likely that many users will have to share one common server resources, and consequently share one IP address. Regardless of the sharing, many of its consumers find favour in this type of hosting due to the economical cost and top quality services provided by FatCow. Let’s get this straight, even if the resources are shared, FatCow sees to it that a significant amount of bandwidth and disk space is made available for your site. And if your website starts to receive more traffic, you can always choose to be transferred to a higher tier. When it’s shared hosting you are looking for, FatCow is just the right one for you.
How will your files be guarded by FatCow?
With FatCow’s Site Backups and Restore package, this is your sure way to safeguard important files in your website. It can automatically restore specific lost files, except SQL databases. With this tool daily backups are made and kept for a few days. If you want to restore files using this tool just follow these steps:
- Log into the Site Backups and Restore tool.
- You will be directed to a page listing the files and directories starting from the most recent backup.
- Choose the specific date where your file can be recovered, then click Select.
- Click on the check box beside the file or directories you wish to restore.
- Click Restore on server.
- A verification message will appear on the upper portion of the page confirming the restored items.
- If you want to see the available backups for certain files or directories, you will only have to select the checkbox containing the items and choose List Available Backups. This will display the available backups with which you can download and restored.
- In downloading files, just choose the checkbox beside the items, and then click Download in Zip Archive.
With FatCow, how can you manually create backup for your essential files?
While the system performs backups for your files, with your FatCow account, you can also manually create backups for your essential files by archiving them using FileManager which is free through your control panel. If you want to archive your files, highly recommended, you just have to follow these simple steps:
- You need to log into your FatCow control panel first.
- Access the FileManager tool
- On the right portion of the interface, you will see the file folders. Click on the check box next to the folder you wish to archive.
- Click on the “Archive” icon located above the search box.
- You will be prompted to create a name for the archive. Select a name then click “Enter”.
- You know that you got the above steps right when you see the archive appear in the list of files as a .zip file.
- Simple as that.