E-commerce is all the rage today, and many business owners move their merchandise from their stores to their websites. And it is proven to be an effective method as potential buyers who cannot afford to go for a long drive to the stores wouldn’t have to go outside. They can simply open their laptops and browse the Web to purchase products and items.
But business owners need to have a quality database that would hold a number of texts, photos, and other elements that comprise an e-commerce website. There are a lot of databases that are available for developers to use when they are developing a website. But it is a must that they choose the one that is easy to use and to manage like the MySQL
What is MySQL?
MySQL, also known as “”My Sequel””, is a popular open source data storage system. The acronym “”SQL”” stands for Structured Query Language that is used for managing data and codes in the relational management database system. Inside the MySQL database, you can see a number of elements like Database, the Tables, Fields, and Rows. The Database is the one handling the text strings or codes of your website. Tables, on the other hand, handles specific functions like tables for forms and forum posts. The fields are the spaces or slots where the information is delivered. The Rows are what separate the data inputs on your website.
MySQL has been a well-liked structure and database platform that is used in many web applications today; many other platforms are using this database system. WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal are just some of the content management framework that useS MySQL. Aside from e-commerce, this data storage system is also being used in many types of websites like community websites, Guestbooks, and social networks.
What is the advantage of using a MySQL database?
MySQL offers great benefits for web developers out there. For one, this database technology is very easy to use since it is quite flexible since it goes well with Windows, Linux, and UNIX. The optimal performance offered by MySQL is known throughout the industry. It can handle high volume websites that receive multiple queries. The finest transactional system and support is what MySQL provideS for business owners. The data being input from the website to the database is secure and it can handle complicated transactions, but at the same time, the users can manage it with ease and convenience with 24/7 support and cost-efficient data management.
How to connect your website to your MySQL database?
Follow these steps to connect your website and your MySQL on your FatCow hosting:
- Set up your CGI – Go to your control panel and activate your CGI
- Incorporate the following PHP scripts these codes that contain the database name (username), password (database password), hosting account username (AccountUsername), and your database name (your_database) $username = “”username””; $password = “”password””;
- $host=””AccountUsername.fatcowmysql.com””; $database=””your_database””
- Connect by adding this code $conn = mysql_connect($user,$host,$password);
- Lastly, select the database you want to use based on this code: mysql_select_db($database, $conn);
How to create MySQL database?
- Go to your MySQL Management tool
- Go to the Add New Database tab and enter your database name. Remember that the name must be unique. As much as possible, it should contain identity ownership. The names should be in lower case and no non-alphanumeric characters. It can also contain numbers and can go from 2-32 characters
- Enter your database login name and password. The login name should be 2-16 characters and should follow the rules of creating the database name guidelines
- Click the Submit button.