Managed WordPress Hosting
Let’s face it, unless you are a computer nerd or an organization with lots of resources to hire an in-house IT team, the hassle of managing software and server resources may not be worth it. Luckily, managed WordPress hosting lifts this burden off your shoulders by giving you real-time support through experienced WordPress professionals. This in turn enables you to channel your energies into doing what you love best.
When looking for the best managed WordPress hosting, you will come across many competing options. To help you figure out the best in the industry, below are our top reviews.
InMotion Managed WordPress
WordPress is a powerful software which needs matching hardware infrastructure if it is to deliver superior performance. InMotion Hosting have specialized in WordPress management and have a team of support professionals who watch over your server and site 24/7.
Instead of the traditional spinning disk drives, InMotion Hosting uses Solid-State Drives (SSDs). These hard drives do not use mechanical parts and as a result provide substantial performance of up to 20 times faster page load speeds compared to Hard Disk Drives (HDDs).
When running an ecommerce store, a large blog or custom application, you will need a lot of database input and output (I/O). During peak times, your hard drives receive many concurrent input and output requests which can slow down information recall from your database. This is where SSDs come in to help push out more data. InMotion has invested in top of the range 1TB Samsung SSDs to assure you of peak performance even during busy traffic periods.
Apart from the SSD advantage, this web hosting provider are known for their price bargains. Instead of offering just one managed WordPress hosting package, they have 6 packages to cater for different needs as follows:
- WP-1000S – This package is great for small blogs with an average monthly traffic of 20,000. It goes for $8.99 per month.
- WP-2000S – This hosting package is suitable for small businesses and blogging with estimated monthly visitor count of 50,000. It costs $12.99 per month.
- WP-3000S – If you are a developer or you are looking for hosting solutions for a growing business, this package which goes for $16.99 per month gives you the resources you need to handle up to 125,000 visitors monthly.
- WP-4000S – For flexible WordPress hosting that can accommodate 300,000 visitors a month, this is an ideal solution. At $36.99 per month, you can host up to 6 websites on 160 GB SSD storage.
- WP-5000S – This plan costs $74.99 a month and has capacity to sustain an average visitor traffic of 600,000 per month.
- WP-6000S – This is the ultimate managed WordPress hosting package offered by InMotion Hosting. On this platform, you can host 20 websites and accommodate up to 1.2 million monthly visitors. The cost is $142.99 per month.
From time to time, InMotion throws in some discounts off the monthly cost and especially when you commit over a long time. Combine this with its legacy of reliability, this hosting provider tops the list in overall managed WordPress hosting.
SiteGround Managed WordPress
SiteGround is an excellent web host when looking for managed WordPress solutions for your business. Whether you are a startup or a real WordPress geek, SiteGround have managed plans to cater for your needs.
They have 3 managed WordPress plans which include:
- StartUp – This plan targeted at business startups, gives you 10 GB of space and can comfortably handle monthly visits of about 10,000. The regular price is $9.95 per month.
- GrowBig – If you have multiple websites with an estimated visitor count of 25,000 a month, the GrowBig plan is for you. In addition to the essential WordPress features, you get priority technical support and free backup restores. The cost is $14.95 per month.
- GoGeek – This is the topmost managed WordPress hosting plan under SiteGround. At only $29.95 per month, you get access to essential, premium, and geeky WordPress features. The latter includes 1-click WordPress staging which makes it easier for you to test out site changes and quickly deploy updates.
The support team at SiteGround is knowledgeable and can be easily reached via chat and phone 24/7.
Liquid Web Managed WordPress Hosting
This is the home of premium hosting targeting mission-critical websites. Liquid Web compares well to SiteGround in terms of features, but the points of departure are the type of clients targeted and price points. The company boasts of dedicated and cloud-based servers which understandably push up the pricing.
Liquid Web have 4 types of plans namely:
- Personal – This plan gives you 30GB SSD storage, 5TB bandwidth, and goes for $69 a month.
- Professional – This solution supports up to 10 sites and gives you 5TB bandwidth and 50GB SSD storage. It costs $99 per month.
- Business – This is Liquid Web’s best seller allowing you to host 25 sites on 100GB SSD storage. It starts at $149 a month.
- Agency – As the name suggests, this is a massive plan allowing you to host up to 50 sites. You get 200GB SSD storage at a cost of $289 a month.
Purchasing managed WordPress plans from Liquid Web assures you of around the clock technical support though chat, email, and phone; amazing speeds based on the latest technologies such as SSL, Nginx, and PHP7; secure infrastructure, and performant hardware.
WPEngine Managed WordPress
This is a true managed WordPress hosting champion. They have dedicated their performance-intensive servers, optimization technologies, and excellent support system to offering nothing else, but managed WordPress solutions.
Their technology is cultured to support high traffic demands, ever-changing markets, and other unforeseen conditions. With highly scalable architecture, WPEngine delivers fast and reliable enterprise-grade hosting services. Your customers don’t have to wait for your site to load. This is because the environment WPEngine have created enables your website to run 4 to 6 times faster than any other environment.
This hosting provider have 5 managed WordPress plans.
- Personal – This solution is for you if you want to run only one site or you are doing some hosting tests for a much bigger project. It starts at $29 per month and gives you 10GB local storage.
- Professional – The flexibility provided by the professional plan makes it easier for you to launch to the next level. You can host up to 10 websites and handle an average monthly visitor traffic of 100,000. The starting price is $99 per month.
- Business – With higher traffic and install limits, the business plan gives you access to cutting edge technology such as GeoIP. For $249 per month, you can host 25 websites and accommodate up to 400,000 monthly visits.
- Premium – If you run a growing business or brand, optimal performance is an absolute must. WPEngine will take care of you through their powerful dedicated servers, knowledgeable customer support, and other innovative solutions.
- Enterprise Grade – This is the highest performing managed WordPress solution by WPEngine. Subscribing to this plan entitles you to a dedicated clustered environment, multi-zone load-balancing technology, faster support response, and dedicated account management.
The higher price charged by WPEngine is partly to offset the cost of the technologies and hardware they dedicate to you. For them, quality of service ranks second to none.
GoDaddy Managed WordPress
GoDaddy is synonymous with domain name registration. In the same vein, it shows great leadership in the hosting niche and has been lauded as the best starter host. The simplicity of their managed WordPress service and dedicated 24/7 support attracts many starters into hosting with them.
If you subscribe to their annual plan, you will be given a free domain name registration and their team will see to it that your site is installed and properly setup on WordPress. Another factor that makes GoDady’s managed WordPress hosting plans so attractive is their pricing. It has 3 plans.
- Economy – The introductory price for this is $1 per month and upon renewal you pay $7.99 per month. It gives you 100GB of storage.
- Deluxe – This plan is best suited for small business websites. For the first year, you will pay a discounted price of $4.99 a month, but following renewal the price goes to $10.99 per month.
- Ultimate – If you are planning to run complex and high traffic websites, the Ultimate Plan which goes for an initial price of $7.99 a month and later $16.99 per month upon renewal, is the best for you.
As a professional review site, our goal is to help you get the best web hosting provider based on your needs and budget. The above managed WordPress hosting solutions cut across the technology and price divide to offer you an array of choice.