Are you having hard time thinking whether you need to buy reseller hosting or buying your own server? Here are the features of the two that would help you decide what to choose for you web hosting needs.
What are the advantages of reseller hosting?
- It allows you to create several sites for your company. it provides greater opportunity for your company since it provides wide features and space for your company.
- You can get rid of being pressured to buying extra server space to handle your sites.
- No maintenance. Having reseller hosting is having a dedicated server with technical support team. You don’t have to worry if problems arise along the way
- Low price. Unlike buying a dedicated server of buying your own server, reseller hosting is far different in terms of cost-effectiveness.
Drawbacks of reseller hosting
- You need to provide assistance to your clients.
- Since you are a server space provider you must have knowledge on websites for you to be able to respond to requests from your customers to attend to their technical needs.
- If you fail to invest time to answering customer service questions your customers might shift to other hosting company.
Buying your own server
What to look out for when buying your own server?
Most common question raised by clients is what kind of server they have to buy. They also resort to comparing different servers and solicit advice what to choose from among them and there are many more queries about servers. The truth is that many business owners who want to run a website don’t know what to look out for in a server. Choosing the right server must be given due attention or else you might end up choosing the one that is not fit for your requirements. Remember, buying a server is not without costs so you should be careful and be keen in your decision. Here are the things to consider when buying your own server:
- Purpose. You must figure out what you are trying to do with the server. You must know what the server is for.
- Brand. There are server providers which are banking on its long years of being in the service. They are big names in this industry which gained their credibility through exceptional service and consumer satisfaction. Just get a good brand and avoid getting enticed by the low price.
- RAM – You don’t need to give too much attention to RAM. Servers are designed to handle big files. But you need to identify your needs. If you’re applications do not run that too much you don’t need to have tons of RAM.
- Processor –It works according to what you want your server to perform. You have to identify your needs because that’s when you can say what type of processor you want to use. You don’t need to go for a quad core processor if you’re just hosting a small website or running a file server. In the first place why do you need a powerful processor when the activity of the servers doesn’t need that much? You need a processor to process your activity yet that is impractical to choose the server that can do so much more than what you’re application really needs.
- Hardrive – The common mistake among client-servers because they almost always buy the wrong server. They usually choose the hardrive that performs faster than the standard hardrives. The problem is that they are paying a lot for hardrives probably more than what they have paid for their servers.
- Budget. Your needs determines what you have to pay for. If you choose to buy your own server the more application you need the higher the capacity need for your server. If you want to somehow save a lot of money you can buy second-hand servers.
There are advantages of buying your own server. It allows you to:
- When you buy your own server you can have it upgraded. Companies offer upgrading for your server. Or maybe you want to add up hard drive or RAM you can freely do it.
- Faster development on local network. Developing sites and web application on local server is much easy. You can work directly on the files in your site maximizing local network speed.
- You can set up user accounts for your co-workers in the company.
However, there are drawbacks of buying your own server. Some of these are:
- You will be spending a lot of money for buying one.
- You might not be able to avail of its full performance because what you have purchased is the wrong server. Most of the time clients are hosting files and applications which require less space or speed than what the server can actually cater.
- Maintenance also costs so much.
Having considered the advantages and drawbacks of reseller hosting and buying your own server you can decide what the best is for you. Both options are useful to you depending on your needs. So what to keep in mind when choosing hosting plan is that you have to identify your needs which will determine the type of hosting service you need.