Imagine a merchant who got a deal with a manufacturer and engage in trading the products he had got to a third party. Reselling and internet hosting work just the same. A person who is usually affiliated with the web hosting company is offered to sell their hosting and make a great profit out of it. It is the companies who give the ability to their members to sell the services. It could also be a separate decision to engage in reselling. A user can rent dedicated servers or virtual private servers from a trusted provider and rents them out to other users at a profit. It will not require advanced awareness on the part of the reseller because the provider will be overall in charge in the maintenance of the hardware and the servers just like in typical dedicated hosting. He becomes just a middleman between the two.
How a reseller gains profit?
Income in reselling is characterized by the mark-up on cost of providing resale of hosting services. It can also be upon the discretion of the company if the reselling job is part of the company’s memorandum to their members. It could be in form of percentages or totally yours. The profit you make depends on the mark up you decide on. It should be something competitive, fair and reasonable.
What does it take to be a hosting reseller?
You may be asking for the things needed to be one. It is quite confusing as the reseller is will just be doing business in just your seat, do a few clicks for the control panel and the contacting of the customers. It may sound easy. Yes it is really! You just need the following on top of your mind:
- A hosting company that is reliable, flexible and available most of the time. There is no such company that will provide you with the best and perfect one without the flaws. It just have to be experienced and trustworthy, one that will not fall out of deals and one that is available to respond to your calls like anytime of the day.
- Be careful in choosing the best reseller package. The best package is one that will cater services to the customers’ needs. You need to be a little aware when it comes to these as it will test the skepticism on your part. Do not forget that you need to take your needs into account. Where you will make more profit is the best one without compromising the quality.
- Purchase the package. Fill out all the required information. That is the general rule in wise buying. Incompleteness will be a problem when time comes. Before the purchase, make sure the conditions and policy are understood by you and the company.
- Create a web site. Start catering for the users. Web site templates are available in your hosting company.
- Advertise extensively. Use keywords, submit your domain name to directories, social media, use search engine optimization to enable visitors to find your site easily. Advertise in many ways. As your site becomes popular, it will be easy for you to close the deal. Think of outshining other competitors in advertising. Your gauge is to create a large customer base.
Can I be a Hosting Reseller?
Anybody can be a hosting reseller. You can if you wish to. You just jot down the notes above because those are the dos for beginners. Starting is the hardest part because it is patching everything from scratch. You have to follow them carefully and wisely. Nothing beats a business-minded one. When you’re set with the business, the only way to go is to maintain it that way or go up. Never consider going off. What could be your leverage over others? Here are some reminders:
- Ensure the quality. Never compromise it. It is one major consideration of the customers. Te competition is tough so you have to have an edge.
- Hear your customers’ feedback. They are the bottom line of your business so address them as quick and as accurate as possible. Communicate with the hosting company if your customers are reporting interruptions immediately.
- Be open for innovation. Your competitors do not just relax. So you should not too. They are always on the go for developments and in making their sites and services suitable for their target market. Be like them and ne ahead. The most successful businessmen are those who take one step ahead of others.
- Profit should be fair. Do not inflate prices when urgencies do not really arise. If the company does make any changes, then do not do as well to your customers. They can be very picky so you have to deal with their swings, otherwise, they might decide to fly off with another reseller.