Disclaimer: Everything below was written back when I used to receive good feedback for eHost. Even if it appears positive below, that does not reflect eHost’s current standing according to our ratings system.
Trying to choose between website builder or cPanel hosting? Take this 2-minute quiz to find out which one is right for your project.
Or maybe you’re thinking about signing up for eHost, or you already did, and you’re wondering…
What if i don’t like the website builder? Can I switch my account from Website Builder to cPanel Hosting without paying more?
What about the same scenario with cPanel? Can I switch my account from cPanel Hosting to Website Builder?
I’m happy to tell you the answer is yes.
- Log in to your eHost account
- Click on “Support” in the menu at the top right of the screen.
- You’ll then see a page with three options – Chat support, phone support and email support. I’ve always used their chat support, so I can recommend that.
- Select Billing support
- Tell them, “I purchased a Website Builder account, but decided it’s not for me, and I’d like to switch my site to a cPanel Hosting account. Please refund my purchase so I can then sign up for a cPanel account instead.”
- A friendly rep will assist you. They may be able to do it right then, or they may have to open a ticket so a Billing Administrator can take care of it for you. Either way, rest assured it will get done.
- Once your refund is confirmed, then you can go ahead and purchase a new account, this time the cPanel account type. Login to eHost and…
- Click “create new website”
- Choose “cPanel Hosting”
- Proceed to payment for your new account and complete the signup process.