What You Can Do In A Forum
An online forum can be considered as the first social networking site available on the internet. In an online forum, you can discuss anything and everything under the sun. You can respond and share their knowledge and opinion, and even build a virtual community.
People can also seek help or advice through online forums. They can even advertise the products that they sell or want to buy, and even post any job opportunities available. Forums can also help with your marketing strategy, especially when it comes to search engine optimization.
Signing up for an online forum can benefit most people.
Below are some advantages of online forums.
• You can express yourself about a certain subject, and view other people’s perspective as well.
• You can form camaraderie among the registered members of the forums.
• It helps to increase the traffic of a website.
• It can enhance the people’s writing skills.
All About vBulletin
In order to create an online forum on your website, you need an application that will help you set it up. One application that you can use is vBulletin. It is produced by Jelsoft Enterprises and vBulletin Solutions. This software is written in PHP, and uses MySQL database.
vBulletin is the choice of most people when it comes to setting up online forums.
Some of the features of vBulletin are the following:
• vBulletin lets you create a comprehensive home page.
• It has an RSS feed, which lets people be updated about the latest posts.
• It allows users to create poll for any thread.
• It allows URLs that has relevant information such as message, topic or title.
• You will have the ability to turn off unwanted features.
• Users would be able to use avatars and personalized signatures.
• It also has an email notification that lets the user be informed about new posts or reply to their posts.
iPage And vBulletin
iPage had been a leading web hosting service provider for many years now. They had been providing quality service and quality tools that even beginners can use.
When you sign up for iPage and create your website with them, you have the option to add forums on it.
You would be able to use the key features of vBulletin on your website. Adding a forum on your website means that you care about your visitors’ opinions and would like to hear their thoughts on a variety of subjects.
Adding vBulletin forum on your website can also help you increase your search ranking, making your website more optimized.
Setting Up vBulletin On Your iPage Account.
You may think that setting up a forum on you website might be a difficult task. Because you are an iPage user, you don’t have to worry about complex source codes to enter just to set up your online forum. Setting an online forum can be done in these simple steps.
1. Login to your iPage account, and go to Control Panel.
2. Click on the SimpleScripts icon on your Control Panel.
3. Look for the forum category, and then open the vBulletin icon.
4. On the next page, fill in the necessary installation preferences.
5. Choose the version of vBulletin that you want to use, and click on “Begin Installation”
6. Wait for the installation to finish and you can now check on the newly installed forum on your website.
When you set up the forum on your website, you should always consider that spam messages may be sent to the members of your forum. vBulletin had developed some features to keep spammers away, and to prevent the unwanted messages from reaching your members’ inbox.
Take advantage of these features to keep spammers away from your own online forum.