The Control Panel
In web hosting, the admin control panel serves as the command center of your hosting account. In the control panel, you can create and manage various accounts and websites. Additionally, you can adjust the settings of your website.
There are many different things that you can do when you’re logged in to your site’s control panel. These include – but are not limited to – the following:
- Managing all domain names
- Creating MySQL databases
- Managing tables and contents
- Access to FTP client
- Email account creation
- Access to website builder
- Install applications and scripts
- Buy and add SSL certificates
Any website owner would prefer a control panel that’s easy to use and understand. After all, not everyone is equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge so the more user-friendly the control panel, the better. Without an easy-to-use control panel, managing your website is next to impossible.
iPage Web Hosting
iPage is one of the leading web hosting companies that has been in business for well over a decade. Today, they are handling more than a million websites. A lot of website owners and web developers turn to them as they provide high-quality yet affordable web hosting packages.
iPage vDeck Control Panel
cPanel is one of the most commonly used control panels among web hosts. At some point, iPage has also used cPanel for their web hosting services. However, they have switched to using vDeck as part of their efforts to improve customer services. vDeck may be relatively new to the market but it proves to be an excellent alternative to cPanel and has received a lot of positive feedback from users.
vDeck has a simple design that makes it easy to use, even for beginners. Once you log in to your iPage account, you will see the things that you need for creating and managing your website. The options are well organized and categorized to make it easier for you to find what you need.
What’s Inside vDeck?
Here are some of the features that come with iPage’s vDeck control panel:
- The vDeck control panel comes with a customizable sidebar.This is where you can see all pertinent information about your web hosting account. vDeck has widgets that you can personalize in order for you to display the things that you want. You can then easily access the most commonly used options in the My Favorites section.
- Tools that are necessary for website development can be accessed in one place and are categorized accordingly.You have categories like database, scripts, or domains. This way, you can find things easily with just a single click.
- iPage allows you to back up your account in case of technical issues.Restoring your backup data can be done with just a few simple clicks. So the next time that you accidentally change a setting, you can simply click the Backup or Restore icon.
- iPage uses SimpleScripts where you can install scripts and other applications on your website.SimpleScripts presents itself as an icon in your panel and once you open it, you will be presented with a multitude of scripts. With just one click, you can install them on the control panel.
- DomainCentral is another icon that can be seen on the vDeck control panel.This is where you can do all domain-related functions like renewing domain names and adjusting privacy options, among others.
Once you have tried out iPage’s vDeck control panel and compared it to other control panels out there, you will be able to tell the difference. vDeck aims to make things simpler so that even though you do not have much technical knowledge, you will still be able to use the vDeck control panel without so much difficulty.